OCF SuperSoft Toothbrush
OCF highly recommends these brushes for the treatment period, and that they are discarded each week, as it is difficult to keep them completely bacteria free when the natural flora of the mouth is being disrupted by treatment.
Sold in packages of 6.
Once patients begin radiation and chemotherapy treatments for oral cancer, their mouths will become very sensitive from the treatments. Painful mucositis sores are routine complications of both chemo and radiation. Even though this is the case, it is imperative that their oral hygiene been kept at an optimum, since failure to do so has severe consequences. These brushes are made with ultra soft bristles, designed to be used during the approximately 6 weeks of the worst part of the treatments, so not to further aggravate the delicate soft tissues of the mouth. After that period of time, most patients are able to tolerate brushing with the softest toothbrushes you can purchase at the drug store. OCF highly recommends these brushes for the treatment period, and that they be discarded each week, as it is difficult to keep them completely bacteria free when the natural flora of the mouth is being disrupted by treatment. They are not available in drug stores, and OCF is one of the few sources for a brush this soft.
- 0.003 bristles assure a gentle cleaning without irritating inflamed or unhealthy tissues. The tapered bristles safely and effectively remove plaque and food debris from gum line.
- Over 4,000 hair-like bristles comfortably massage extra-sensitive areas. The special hair-like bristles safely and effectively remove plaque.
- Slim line head and narrow neck for a longer reach; also a beveled handle for comfortable hand fit.
- Indications: Helps prevent infections of oral tissues and fights cavities with regular use. Recommended for use with toothpastes, which are free from irritating strong flavorings and SLS which can irritate gums.
- This product is recommended by OCF for patients.